Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 9: Mosiah 1 - Mosiah 7

The natural man.

I was amazed at the timeline of the Book of Mormon.  Did you know that the Book of Mosiah starts 124 B.C.?  Yeah. Something interesting I didn't even realize. I mean Lehi and Nephi must seem to the Nephites and Lamanites like George Washington seem to me.   Way, way, way back in history.

So many wonderful principles that King Benjamin shares with his people before he dies and leaves the throne to Mosiah.

One thing that keep coming to my mind is the natural man.  Everything King Benjamin challenges us to do has to do with putting away the natural man. 

Really.  How many times do we get a feeling to do something for someone and then we think, nah? and then don't.  How many times do we think, let me say hi ~ but then we don't?  

The natural man is the enemy to God because it's our natural man that helps us resist our natural tendency to do good.  I understand the opposition in all things and how that is important to our progression and learning, but dang ~ sometimes I wish for a day I could just not have the influence.. just one day. 

What an awesome day that would be, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment