Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 12: Mosiah 28 - Alma 4

The Lord will strengthen me. 

I know as we read about these battles between the Amlicites and Nephites and then the Lamanites and Nephites, it's get to be a physical war.  

I often compare these physial wars to the spiritual wars we fight every day.  I, along with everyone else, struggle daily with little things and big things. 

Alma when he was about to be overcome by the Amlici himself and then the king of the Lamanites pleaded with Heavenly Father to save Him so he could help the gospel grow. 

Many times when I feel my burdens are hard to bear, I cry out to my Heavenly Father to help me.  I usually beg Him to ease my burden but I think I need to ask Him for strength to bear my burdens.  I need those burdens to help me grow.  To help me progress.  To help my children have a strong mother to help them through these last days. 

One thing I'm learning from Alma is that he does not back down when faced with tribulations.  He knows the Lord backs him up and presses forward anyone. 

That is my resolve.  I will not back down to a burden or trial because I know the Lord has my back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment