Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 15: Alma 18 - Alma 24

This challenge is definitely living up to its name.  It's a challenge.  I don't consider myself a slow reader but I'm not a speed reader either.  It takes me about 45 min - 1 hr to get through the daily assignment. 

For some reason, I missed Friday last week and I had to make up for it on Sunday.  THAT is not the biz trying to make up days so I vow I'll never miss a day again.  It's way too hard to make it up. 

Some things I've noticed.  When I'm having a hard time sleeping, I'll just get up and read my scriptures.  Most mornings is when I like to do my reading.  When I don't get it done in the mornings, I find myself unable to fall asleep until I can get the assignment for the day read.  I really love that. 

I found that in reading such a big dose of the scriptures daily, it's easier for me to find sleep at night.  My mind is not racing all over my life and what I didn't get done, but instead rests on some of the principles I just read about or the people's lives from the scriptures. 

I have to agree with my friends.  The people in the Book of Mormon have become real to me.  Again.  I love it.

Although, this is a difficult challenge, I enjoy the little blessings that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment