Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5: 2 Nephi 9 - 2 Nephi 19

Cheer up your hearts.

There are so many warnings given. So many laws and consequences.  It could get overwhelming but the Lord never fails to let us know the blessings we will and can receive. 

 17For I will afulfil my bpromises which I have made unto the children of men, that I will do unto them while they are in the flesh

We cannot be discouraged because he expects us to do the hard things and to come out blessed.  If the Lord expects this of me, then I should not expect any less of myself.  So much easier said than done, I know this firsthand. 

There are so many warnings about riches, minds, hearts, disobedience, lust, laziness... the list goes on. But there are so many blessings for the obedient, the humble, the teacher, the reader...

20 seeing that our merciful God has given us so great knowledge concerning these things, let us remember him, and lay aside our sins, and not hang down our heads...

No comments:

Post a Comment