Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 8: Jacob 5 - Words of Mormon

Heavenly Father loves each of us wholly.

Jacob 5 is almost a breath of fresh air compared to Isaiah (in my opinion) yet still hard to get through, if you know what I mean.

I kept getting this feeling while I was reading this chapter - the Lord loves us.  He has plans for us and when it doesn't work out for us because of our choices, He has given us opportunities to mend the wrong and bring forth good fruit.

I feel blessed.  Really I do.

Okay, a personal share.  Please don't judge me because this is kind of hard to share, but I feel like I need to prove my point.

All my life, I've always felt like the one that was not favored like.  You know what I mean?  Like the friend I was with is the one the teacher liked better.  Or I felt like the "difficult" child.  Or like in college, my friends were noticed but not me.  Or as a missionary, I was kind of off the President's radar.  

I've learned over the years, most of this learning happening while I was married and then as a parent, how distorted some of these feelings and viewpoints were.  Nonetheless, they were my viewpoints and my self thought. 

So, understanding what the Lord is telling me through the scriptures is that I am  just as important as any of the prophets He has talked to or any leaders in the world.  If there is somewhere in our lives where we don't see favoritism, it's with our Heavenly Father.  He loves us all and would not stop until all of His children are gathered.  

I am special with all my characteristics and flaws.  I am this way because the Lord understands each of our need for individuality and none is more special in His eyes as the other. 

That is how much love the Lord has for each of His children, whether we are members of the Church or not.  He loves us.  He roots for us to succeed.  He watches each day, sending us help, blessing us, and disciplining us to make us the best US we can be.

In the words of Enos:

 4And my soul ahungered; and I bkneeled down before my Maker, and I ccried unto him in mighty dprayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

 5And there came a avoice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are bforgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

 6And I, Enos, knew that God acould not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away.

When I ask the Lord for forgiveness and I am forgiven, I will not hold on to that sin and punish myself further.  I will show the Lord I trust in Him as Enos did and forgive myself.  I will let go of the guilt and I will move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment