Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 13: Alma 5 - Alma 10

Self check. 

This is what I have always felt about Alma 5 since I first read it when I was a teenager in seminary.  Probably because I was taught that by my seminary teacher, Bro. Walker,  during my senior year. 

I love the questions Alma gives us to ponder and help us readjust our lives to either get back on track or to keep going. Quoting vs 14 - 15:

- Have you spiritually been born of God?

- Have you received His image in your countenace?

- Have you experienced this mighty change in your heart?

- Do you exercise faith in the redemption of Him who created you? 


- Do you look forward with an eye of faith?


- Can you stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which you have done lately? 


It makes me stop and think.  How am I doing?  Can I do better?  Am I willing? 


The testimonies Alma and Amulek share with the stubborn and wicked people of Ammonihah is the type of testimony I hope to have some day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment