Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 18: Alma 40 - Alma 46

One man's influence.

I am apalled at the influence one man can make for bad.  This Amalickiah person just gets my emotions boiling.  I kept thinking to myself ~ how could this one person do so much bad among thousands of people and cities. His evil plots just make me plain angry.

Then...

I think of the influence one man can have for good. 

Our Savior Jesus Christ. 

His influence is inspiring, forgiving, and encouraging.  This world is already equipped with all of the temptations and when I give up and feel like it's not worth it to fight anymore, I remember:

My Savior died for Me to return to my Heavenly Father for eternal happiness.

Yes, it seems like the advesary is winning at times in my life, but when I actively participate in the fight for good, I KNOW.  I know the blessings are greater than the wars fought.  Sweeter than the sacrifices.  Full of joy more than sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment