Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 21: Alma 61 - Helaman 4

The fight between good and evil is real. 

I watch a lot of movies where the fight between the good and the bad is obvious.  I root for the good guys to win, I hold on to the storyline until I see the bad are punished.  That's what makes a good movie.  Is when good overcomes evil.  Where the good guy succeeds while the bad guy gets what he deserves.

In these chapters, the fight is real but not as obvious.  The bad starts with maybe the sins of omission.  Not really doing anything about the things people are doing bad.  hmm.. It made me think. When I get into a jam and wonder 'how did I end up here?'  I know.  It's starts off little.  Being too tired too busy to read my scriputures.  Being too tired to say my prayers.  Skipping over family prayers because the hour is almost midnight and my kids should be well in to REM but are not.  Making it to church instead of making the effort to BE at church. 

One thing I have learned from Helaman and Pahoran is that every little good thing we do, no matter how little, counts.  Good always prevails with the Lord. 

That is something I will chant to myself for the rest of this month, summer, year, lifetime.  I pray I can live up to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment