Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Council of Dads

I love this book.  The author Bruce, is counting down days before his illness takes him away from his family.  He has a set of twin girls that are like 3 years old and he's really worried they are going to grow up without their father.  So.. he takes us on a journey where he selects MEN from his life that he feels may help his daughters as they grow.  He doesn't want them to leave their lives to take care of his girls, but if they ever needed anything advice, help, to talk, etc.. his girls could turn to this "Council of Dads" he puts together for them.

He tells us about each of these men, the experiences he had with them and the reason he selects them for his daughters.  It's really very sweet.  It made me start to think of the important people in my life and if anything were to ever happen to me, who would I want there for my children when they needed.

It really is an awesome read.

No comments:

Post a Comment