Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book of Mormon

Marion G Romney (Book of Mormon Class Member Study Guide,pg.2) "I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of REVERENCE will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity - the pure love of Christ- will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness."

FIRST ASSIGNMENT
3 DAYS - Title Page,Introduction to the Book of Mormon, Testimony of the Three witnesses, Testimony of the Eight witnesses, Testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and A brief explanation about the Book of Mormon.

5 comments:

  1. I love that promise: "The spirit of Reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow." It means so much to me with my children and each other and then all the chaos that surrounds us everyday. I'm glad to be taking on this challenge with friends I call family.

    Thanks Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I've read the assignment and I am astonished to read the testimonies of the 11 others that were able to see and touch the golden plates BUT sad that they left the church. Don't quite understand the reasons but I do know that they never denied seeing the plates and never lost their testimonies of the Book of Mormon. Im so excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about the Book of Mormon and all that Joseph Smith went through to keep the plates safe, published and distributed and I think, WOW! All the turmoil and physical trials it makes me so so grateful for all the sacrifices that he and they ALL gave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it too but wasn't sure how to respond.. post or comment - so now I know..

    Here are some of my thoughts:

    The angel came to Joseph Smith 4 times with the same message. Nothing changing, same message. How many times do I need to teach and explain things to my children ~ I have to give them more times hearing and less expecting them to get it on the first try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel if all that effort has been taken to bring this book to pass then how much more important should the contents of this Book of Mormon be?

    Most important to share with my children EVERYDAY! I am so glad summer is here because at least schedule-wise, I have more control. I think our goal is to read the Book of Mormon everyday this summer. My goal is to have the Book of Mormon read from beginning to end by the end of summer.

    Thanks Ruby, this is really getting me started to challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete